Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) Training
Training employees about workplace safety requirements is a great investment. An effective Occupational Health and Safety training program implies fewer injuries, accidents and damages, and a safer work environment, besides savings on financial losses and workers’ compensation.
Important Statistics on OHS failures worldwide
- Every 15 seconds, a worker dies from a work-related accident or disease.
- Every 15 seconds, 153 workers have a work-related accident.
- Every day 6,300 people die as a result of occupational accidents or work-related diseases.
- 317 million accidents occur on the job annually.
- The human cost is vast and the economic burden of poor occupational safety and health practices is estimated at 4 per cent of global GDP each year.
Good Social Compliance and Health & Safety management is not about picking faults and pointing fingers, it's about working together to find practical solutions to improve your Company's safety performance.
Occupational Health and Safety training is key to the successful long-term sustainability of any business.
Since staying safe on the job is everyone’s responsibility, being educated on the risks, as well as injury-prevention tips is imperative. Workers and employers alike must be aware of all safety rules and responsibilities, in order to eliminate workplace injury. To keep your employees yourself and safe, you should following these rules and responsibilities.
As an employer, you also have the greatest responsibility for health and safety in the workplace. Besides you have the control over the conditions of work and how it is to be done. Training your employees in the right way is essential. TOTALIKA helps you “Create a safe, healthy and prepared environment for all” by providing your employees health and safety training with knowledge and skills to handle potentially hazardous situations.
Identifying the potential risks well in advance and implementing the process for prevention is the key for a safe work place. The foremost step to prevent incidents is to focus on understanding what could cause the incidents. The next step is to determine the course of action, in case an incident happens.
Training your employees in the right way is the only way to safeguard yourself as an employer.
There are a number of Health and Safety training options available for you.
This training is an introductory 1-2 days capsule course for supervisors, floor managers, safety officers and OHS committee representatives covering various common issues.
- Understanding the basics & logics about the evacuation plans, various signage that are mandatory in the workplace
- The requirements for establishing and operating an effective OHS process
- The duties and roles within the OHS Workplace Responsibility System
- How to identify and assess workplace hazards
- How to identify and recommend corrective actions to control workplace hazards
- How to handle OHS concerns and possible solutions at the workplace
Onsite OHS Training
As an employer, it is important to find out at what level your organization stands currently and what you need to improve to match the international OHS standard.
The first step is to find out where your company is at currently, so we can help you take that next step!
If you are not sure where to start, TOTALIKA can set up one day factory assessment and consultation to evaluate your factory’s needs.
OHS Training on what you need
Custom tailored OHS training programs will be created based on your company’s needs. TOTALIKA’s qualified OHS trainers will travel to your site to conduct the training.
Proper OHS training documentation
After training is completed, your company will be awarded with a certificate, providing evidence of successful completion of an OHS training program. No matter what industry you’re in, there is an OHS safety training class that can help your organization become safer, more efficient and typically as a result, more profitable.
OHS training is of utmost importance and it’s something that every company can benefit from. As we all know that every industry & each factory is different, therefore we do everything possible to meet the specific and varied needs for OHS training for all of our clients.
There is no pre-requisite for attending this training course.